TPG Community

Get online support

Home phone not working

Gavinm
Level 2

Hello, I recently ported a land line number to my TPG NBN plan and it now appears in my account as the digital voice number - I have connected a handset to the modem (Archer VR1600) correctly but it doesn't work (Wll not dial out) and when the number is dialed from outside I get a message to say it is not valid - I tried to follow the instructions to configure the modem but it tells me to go to the "Telephony" tab which doesn't exist? - what am I doing worng? Cheers 

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Gavinm,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. I would love to help and get to the bottom of this, it is possible that the home phone service is still in porting stage, send me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) I will check the status of the service.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hello, I recently ported a land line number to my TPG NBN plan and it now appears in my account as the digital voice number - I have connected a handset to the modem (Archer VR1600) correctly but it doesn't work (Wll not dial out) and when the number is dialed from outside I get a message to say it is not valid - I tried to follow the instructions to configure the modem but it tells me to go to the "Telephony" tab which doesn't exist? - what am I doing worng? Cheers