TPG Community

Get online support

Home phone problem with voice breakup on line

RMS1
Level 3

Hi,

I have an NBN cable broadband and home phone plan.  I would not say my home phone is very good, as I can constantly hear my own voice coming back at me in the background when I speak.  However, the main problem I have is that when I am on the phone to a particular friend's home phone, the line breaks up at her end, and she can't hear me - apparently my voice often cuts out and in, or fades away, and back again.  I do not experience any problems at my end of the line - I can hear her prefectly well, even when she can't hear me.

She insists the problem must be with my phone, because she does not have any problems when on the phone to anyone else.  However, I also do not have any problems on my phone when I am on the phone to anyone else's number.

What is causing this problem?  It has persisted on and off ever since I took up an NBN broadband plan with TPG in December 2019.  Previously I had a landline connection via Telstra, and had no problems at all.

2 REPLIES 2
peter_k

Welcome to TPG Community,

Could you PM (Private message) me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so I can check the status here.

To learn how to send a private message, click here.  

Regards,
Peter

RMS1
Level 3

Thank you - I will PM you.