TPG Community

Get online support

Home phone problems

mlandkroon
Level 2
I recently signed up to ADSL 2+ with home phone.
Since installation, I have had nothing but trouble with the phone service. Instances of Can’t ring out, phone doesn’t connect when the phone rings, callers getting music or a message saying “this number is not valid” when clearly it is.
I have contacted TPG numerous times, have had a technician out who checked all cabling to house and installed booster box and connection points.
I have also replaced the phone thinking it may be that but the problem persists.
We have severe medical conditions and I need the phone for calling out but also Dr’s to call in.
WiFi seems to work most times and I regularly have to reset modem.
Can anyone help?
7 REPLIES 7
Will

Hi @mlandkroon 

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for raising this with us. I was able to pull up an account using your community details. However, the record we pulled up is an NBN account so we're not quite sure if we're looking at the right one. Can you PM us your customer ID or username or even the homephone number so we can check this further?

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Will

Hi @mlandkroon 

Thank you for providing your homephone number via email. This matches the earlier record I was able to pull up. Your service is already on NBN FTTN.

Can you confirm on which port at the back of the modem is your phone connected to?

Regards,

Shane

Hi @mlandkroon,

Welcome to the community!

In case you need a reference on how to set up your NBN service with home phone. You may visit this link.

NBN FTTN/FTTB Setup - General Setup

Cheers! Smiley Happy

mlandkroon
Level 2
Yes, the setup is correct
Will

Hi @mlandkroon,

Thanks for confirming.

I refreshed the phone settings on my end. Please perform some tests and let me know how it goes.

Fiery
Level 4

Do you have Huewei or a TP-Link Modem?

Will

Hi @mlandkroon,

Thank you for confirming via email that you've reset the modem and tested the phone. Since it's still not working properly, I have this issue escalated to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Updates pertaining to this case will be provided to you directly by a Phone Engineer via SMS or phone call. Let me know if you have other concerns that we can look into.

Regards,