TPG Community

Get online support

Internet has dropped out and home phone not working (in or out).

adrian1962
Level 2

We have lived in this location for 18 months now and have been on the same plan for that time.

last night internet dropped out completely and this morning called Support with a problem with the internet.

Only just discovered that when I try to call my home phone I get a message "The number you have called is not Valid" We are on a pay as you go plan for phone and Unlimited download fo internet.

We noticed that the Internet light on the modem is out (not showing at all).

Account payments are up to date.

Any ideas, please? My thought is that the Modem has finally died.

17 REPLIES 17
nguyenm6
Level 2
I have had the same situation since the heat wave in Adelaide! Unlimited plan (nbn 12). My area is 5011.

Could TPG looks at this issue.

Thanks.
Shane

Hi @adrian1962,

We are sad to know that you're having issues with your connection. We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians yesterday and a possible line fault has been detected.

This is now being handled by our Engineering Team currently under assessment, based on the latest log a TPG Technician has been requested to check your connection the schedule will be provided within the next 24hrs.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @nguyenm6,

Thanks for raising this to us. I ran an initial test on your service it shows multiple dropouts on your modem/router's connection to our network. What troubleshooting have you done so far?

We'd like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation feel free to PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

Regards,

nguyenm6
Level 2
Thanks Shane for your promptly reply.

The only thing we can do at the moment is to reset the modem and router. It is sometimes fixing the issue, but no so long to drop out again.

The worst dates were on 30-31 Jan when we didn't connect to the network at all! Sometimes having internet but it has had very slow speed (speed test: 0.74Mbps download).

You can connect my TPG mobile as home number is not very reliable now! I am home today.

Many thanks again for your service support.
Minh
nguyenm6
Level 2
Thanks Shane for your promptly reply.

The only thing we can do at the moment is to reset the modem and router. It is sometimes fixing the issue, but no so long to drop out again.

The worst dates were on 30-31 Jan when we didn't connect to the network at all! Sometimes having internet but it has had very slow speed (speed test: 0.74Mbps download).

You can connect my TPG mobile as home number is not very reliable now! I am home today.

Many thanks again for your service support.

Minh
nguyenm6
Level 2
I forget to mention that my router is off itself sometimes.

Also, few times all lights of the modem is off except the power light.

Thanks
Shane

Hi @nguyenm6,

Thanks for the additional details. Feel free to PM me your best contact number and preferred time and we'll have one of our Technicians call you for additional test.

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

adrian1962
Level 2

Got a call from TPG today and it looks like the earliest they can get someone to come out is Tuesday afternoon. Lucky I have a mobile plan, not with TPG unfortunately, but at least a way of hot spotting. Just a pain cause i have now used 30% of my data on that plan.

Adrian

Shane

Thanks for the additional details @adrian1962. We are confident that this the issue will be rectified after the visit of the scheduled Technician.

We'll keep an eye on this, further updates will be provided by the assigned Engineer handling your case. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!