TPG Community

Get online support

Landline Phone Not Working

IamJaneS
Level 4

A while back now, I was forced into NBN, which included a landline phone bundle. As we never used the landline, there was no phone connected to it. I recently decided to connect a phone. It is brand new and says it's compatible. 

However, I can't get it to work. I noticed there were lots of similar posts in this forum, but none of the solutions were posted, as they were sent to PM. I assumed that my phone would be connected via the router, and have it plugged in to the "phone 1" port. I did try phone 2 as well, but neither work. I also tried a splitter from the wall plug. That didn't work at all!

If I try to call the number, it says "your call could not be connected at this time, please try again later OCA00188". If I try to call out from the handset, I get beeps like you would get calling a phone that is currently in use (the old engaged signal).

I have rebooted the router, left it off for half an hour, but still can't get this wretched phone to work! Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

3 REPLIES 3
peter_k

Welcome to TPG Community,

Could you PM (Private message) me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so I can check the status here.

To learn how to send a private message, click here.  

Regards,
Peter

IamJaneS
Level 4

I see that you have replied to my PM, as I received it in my email. I can't see where I can access the messages in the forums, so I can reply to it. Please tell me where I can find PMs in the forums!

Thanks!

IamJaneS
Level 4

I don't know what you or the techs did, but it's now working! Thank you so much!