TPG Community

Get online support

Landline without computer

SOLVED Go to solution
Junemoon1
Level 3

With NBN, Can I use my landline without a computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Junemoon1
Level 3

Is TPG in here? I still have no landline.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Junemoon1 Welcome to the community, yes you can use your existing phone once it's plugged into your new NBN compatible router which would be supplied by TPG with your new service, you do not need a computer to use the phone service.

Junemoon1
Level 3

Thank you orbistrat. NBN connected today. I have wifi and have plugged landline into modem but it is dead. Appreciate help.

orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Junemoon1 have you plugged the phone into the phone1 port on the back of the modem? What lights are lit on the front of the modem?

Junemoon1
Level 3

Lights on - power,internet2g, 5g, phone 1, WAN. I am vision impaired so it has been a bit difficult doing this!

orbistat
Level 8

Thanks for the details, I'll try and keep it simple, can you tell me what type of NBN connection you have? According to the lights that are lit on the modem it would indicate a HFC connection.

Can you hear any sort of tone when the phone is off the hook? What happens when you try and dial in and out?

Junemoon1
Level 3

I would ring TPG but my phone doen't work

Junemoon1
Level 3

I think its called hybrid? The phone makes no sound either on or off the hook. When I dial the phone says it is calling but nothing happens. I  just got someone to ring me and they said it rang at their end but nothing happened here.

orbistat
Level 8

Yes I understand, If you've only had it connected today there's a good chance your number hasn't been ported yet, being a public holiday would affect this as well, one of the moderators will be able to check this for you and advise tomorrow.

Regards

Junemoon1
Level 3

Thank you so much for your help. Have a great night.