TPG Community

Get online support

My Landline phone number of 25+ not ported from Previous ISP

Tony5
Level 2

Dear Team, 

I connected with the TPG network, having migrated from anotherTelco/ISP. To my dismay and their chagrin, my landline number has not been bought across "ported" from the originating Telco.

The previous Telco/ISP has since disconnected the number. As it stands, the number I had, has been with me and an integral part of my business for over 25 years. Losing this number is simply not an option. 

Upon contacting customer care, I was advised that the number needs to be "Active" for porting.  I do not require a new number. As such, I should have been informed at the time of migrating,that if there is an existing phone number linked to my previous provider, there should have been provisions made available to me to have it successfully transferred to my new account.  I trust you will action my request at the earliest and successfully. 

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Tony5 ,

Thanks for raising this to us, I would love to help see the status of the porting and chase this with our provisioning team. To better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID) together with the address on file.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@Tony5 wrote:

Dear Team, 

I connected with the TPG network, having migrated from anotherTelco/ISP. To my dismay and their chagrin, my landline number has not been bought across "ported" from the originating Telco.

The previous Telco/ISP has since disconnected the number. As it stands, the number I had, has been with me and an integral part of my business for over 25 years. Losing this number is simply not an option. 

Upon contacting customer care, I was advised that the number needs to be "Active" for porting.  I do not require a new number. As such, I should have been informed at the time of migrating,that if there is an existing phone number linked to my previous provider, there should have been provisions made available to me to have it successfully transferred to my new account.  I trust you will action my request at the earliest and successfully.