TPG Community

Get online support

My NBN Digital Voice service allows outgoing calls but no incoming calls are received is a problem

SOLVED Go to solution
18mwpwjwdigiwrk
Level 2

My voip phone service will call out, but when I call my voip NBN digital voice number from my mobile I hear a ringing in effect sound normally but nothing rings on my voip wire connected phone(s). Is this some problem with my TPG supplied modem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
18mwpwjwdigiwrk
Level 2

I resolved the problem with not receiving incoming calls to my home telephone system via VOIP.  I researched the TPG site and found Modem setup instructions and diagrams and I checked my connections to the specified ports for the VOIP telephones.  Hark!!  I found that I had connected my VOIP telephone line connection to the port Next-to the extreme right-hand port. 
I changed the connection to the recommended port and VOILA!, the incoming calls and outgoing calls are back to normal.  All good again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
miattard
Level 3

If you are transferring an old number to the new TPG service from Telstra (and maybe another ISP) the transfer is being delayed due to the shutdown in India. You may need to get a new number from TPG.

18mwpwjwdigiwrk
Level 2

I started my voip NBN Digital Voice service back in Jan 20 and incoming and outgoing calls have been continuously possible and successful up until just the day before yesterday when incoming calls were not being received.  Outgoing calls normal.

18mwpwjwdigiwrk
Level 2

I resolved the problem with not receiving incoming calls to my home telephone system via VOIP.  I researched the TPG site and found Modem setup instructions and diagrams and I checked my connections to the specified ports for the VOIP telephones.  Hark!!  I found that I had connected my VOIP telephone line connection to the port Next-to the extreme right-hand port. 
I changed the connection to the recommended port and VOILA!, the incoming calls and outgoing calls are back to normal.  All good again.