TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Drop outs FTTB

ivan1972
Level 2
Hi guys.

Since the starts of 2020 I am getting problems with the NBN connection, it has been dropping out and reconnecting. The drop outs can last a few minutes as long as 1 and ones 4 hours. Yesterday 9/02/2020 I have contacted TPG support and they ask me to reset my router, i have done it and then the connection was on again. The have notice the drop out and told me to contact them if happen again.
Today is happened again.. it was just a few minuts.
I have been with TPG in this unit since 2011 with ADSL and I didn't get the quantity of drop outs that i am experiencing now.
Once I had similar problem for relative sort periods when my old router wasn't working properly. I changed the router and the problem was over.

I am monitoring connections for a few days and I will rewrite a post.
8 REPLIES 8
ivan1972
Level 2
Tonight my internet is so slow that hardly I can download photos on WhatsApp and search on internet .. still drop outs and low speed as well now.
Riezl

Hi @ivan1972,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details. We have checked the status of your connection and it shows stable at the moment.

May we know what light on the modem normally goes off whenever the connection drops?

Riezl

Hi @ivan1972, we'd like to know if you're still having issues with the service. Feel free to message us should you need any assistance. Thank you.

ivan1972
Level 2
Hi Riezl.
I am still experience the drop outs and sometime really lo speed.
I haven't check yet which led is working or not. I am keep eye on it in the next couple of days.
I have reception but sometime internet is to slow. Please see the screenshot of my mobile screen.

Riezl

Please run a speed test on a device directly connected to the modem via ethernet cable and make sure that there are no programs running on the device background so we can get an accurate result.

We'll wait for the screenshot. Thank you.

ivan1972
Level 2
Hi Riezl.
I will do it.
Thanks
ivan1972
Level 2
Hi .

I have been 5 hours without internet today.. called support problem is not fixed.. support told me that the problem is begin to escalated .
Riezl

Thanks. We'll wait for your message.