TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Landline Not working

KarenP
Level 2
Hi everyone
When people ring our landline a recorded message says “the number is invalid” now up until the other day, it was working. Now this
3 REPLIES 3
Will

Hi @KarenP

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with Incoming calls. For us to determine what's causing the issue and how to resolve it, we need to pull up your account. Unfortunately, I can't find the correct record using your community details. Can you send me a PM with your customer ID or username and the service address so I can pull up your details?

For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Will

Hi @KarenP 

I responded to your message explaining that this issue is currently handled by our Engineering Team and that though they already made adjustments, it seems like it's still not working.

Our Engineering Team has attempted to call, but unable to reach you. Please provide us your best contact number and preferred time so we can endorse it to the Case Engineer.

Regards,

Will

Hi @KarenP

Our Engineering Team attempted to call you today on the mobile number you provided us via email. Unfortunately, they were not able to reach you.

Basically, the next step that we need to perform is a factory reset on the modem. However, we're not going to use the reset button. Instead you need to access modem settings to do so.

Kindly follow these steps:

1. Using any device connected to the modem (either wireless or ethernet), type in your browser: 192.168.1.1
  2. When prompted for a login, type admin for both the username and the password.
  3. Click the Advanced tab
  4. Click System Tools
  5. Click Reboot, and then select Factory Restore

Let us know once you're done with the reset.

If you need help with the steps over the phone instead, PM us with your preferred time for a call back so we can organize it with our Engineering Team.

Regards,