TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connected today and internet is working but not the phone.

sykes1st
Level 2

Hi, the NBN was connected today, I assume successfully, as the internet is working fine as well as the wireless signal from the modem (router). 

I've a Panasonic cordless dect 6 phone and have connected the base to the phone 1 socket on the  modem however it's not working. There is no light showing for the connection for this socket.

The accompanying TPG instructions under the heading of Initial Connection indicate that once the modem has configured itself and showing a solid green light that I will receive a confirmation from TPG. Approximately 30 minutes. The modem has been working for well over 5 hours so far and no confirmation has been received. 

I looked at my account for the NBN digital voice service and it shows installation commencing.

Is this normal? How long does it take for connection of the phone service? I've been assured that my Dect 6 phone is compatable when the base is connected as above.

Cheers! Robert. 

PS This seems similar to carolanntitcumb's post under the heading "NBN FTTC Handset No Working." 

Oh dear, looks like I was being a bit impatient and probably expecting too much too soon. I received confirmation of the installation being complete about 10 minutes ago and followed shortly after by the solid green light appearing on the phone connection of the modem. Tried the number from my mobile and all good, working, super. That was after a total period of about 8 hours from connection to all being finalised! Patience required if you experience this!

Cheers! Robert 

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @sykes1st, we are glad to know that the issue has been resolved and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Should you need any assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.