No Internet

soniakim67
Level 3

There was a planned maintenance in my area this morning and the power was out for a few hours. There has been no  internet since the power came back on. There is no  nbn outage in my area and my neighbours have no nproblems. My phone connects to home wifi but it says "connected without Internet." I have reset the nbn box and the modem  multiple times to no avail. Please help ASAP as I work from home. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Aubrey

Hi @soniakim67, how is your internet looking this morning? If you still need help, send us a PM and we'll look into this right away.

soniakim67
Level 3

Pm sent.

christy2951hern
Level 2

Hello @soniakim67 ,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing internet issues after the planned maintenance. I understand how crucial it is to have a stable connection when working from home.
While you mentioned no NBN outage in your area, it might be wise to do a final confirmation. Ensure all cables are securely plugged into the NBN box, modem, and your computer/router. Check for any damage to the cables.
Sometimes a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches. Power off your NBN box, modem, and router for 30 seconds, then turn them back on in sequence (NBN box first, followed by the modem, and finally your router).
Refer to your modem's manual for specific light indicators and their meanings. Generally, a solid internet light and a blinking data transmission light signify a successful connection.
If the above steps don't work, consider power cycling your NBN box directly (if accessible and safe to do so). Follow the safety instructions provided by NBN.
If none of these steps resolve the problem, consider contacting TPG technical support for further assistance. You can reach them through their website or social media channels. Mention the specific troubleshooting steps you've already tried to expedite the support process.

Best Regards,
NYStateofHealth