TPG Community

Get online support

PABX intergration

wade53a
Level 2
Can I register my PABX directly to my TPG voip service?
I have a phone system that is SIP enabled can I register this to my current TPG VoIP service that is coming in via Archer 1600v
as the phone port has never worked
9 REPLIES 9
wade53a
Level 2
Ive since gone through a few forums now and from what I'm reading the voip service you provide is proprietary to the router and you don't support registering your SIP product via another device.
This is very disapointing as I have not had a home phone since the install of our NBN as the phone port on the router has never worked.
I thought my solution was going to be setting up your SIP service via a PABX.
Do you have a product that can be used and can be attached to my plan
BasilDV

Hi @wade53a,

Welcome to TPG Community!

You are correct, the PABX will not work for the VoIP phone that is bundled with your TPG NBN, since the settings is embedded in the firmware of the TPG provided modem.

We were able to locate an account using your community details and the phone status seems to be registered. Did you connect a handset directly to the Phone port of the modem? Have you tried both phone ports?

BasilDV

wade53a
Level 2
Yes, both ports.
Theres no dial tone on either port and no incoming\outgoing calls, if you check my account usage you will not see any call in the logs for this service
Its good to hear that the service is registered as i wasnt able to check due to the router restrictions.
So im going to have to blame the router itself, which is what I told your front line in the first place when I called regarding this issue, but I couldn't get past your front line who have no idea, I work in telecommunications and tried to tell them that it was the router and id already tried troubleshooting the issue.
Their answer was try to reset and try another phone, I reiterated that I work in the industry and id already done that and I was using a butinski to test the ports.
After going round in circles for awhile they said someone would call me but thats the last i heard of it

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @wade53a.

We've refreshed the connection remotely and will get back to you after a few minutes for the update.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @wade53a,

Could you please try to connect a handset to the phone port of the modem/router once again and check if you are able to hear a dial tone or call out?

BasilDV

wade53a
Level 2
No dial tone on either port.
No calls in\out
BasilDV

Hi @wade53a

What is the brand name and model of the handset that you are using?

Have you tried another handset?

BasilDV

wade53a
Level 2
As I mensioned I work in the telecommunications industry, Im using my butinski (its a peice of test equipment\ phone)
I don't want to sound negative here but I install this stuff day in day out, I even connect phone systems to your business SIP products ( hence the disappointment that I can't just connect my service directly to a pabx and bypass the router)
I feel like I'm going in circles again, the simple fact is your router doesn't work
BasilDV

Hi @wade53a

Thank you for the information.

In order to check on this issue further, we'll escalate the case to our Engineering team for further investigation.

If there's a need to replace the modem, then they'll be the one to process that for you.

An assigned Engineer will be in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours using the number that we have on file.

BasilDV