TPG Community

Get online support

Phone and Internet dropping out

SineNomine
Level 3

The phone and internet dropping out constantly since late last night.

When there is a connection it only lasts secons - to a couple of minutes.

Please sort it - this is unacceptable.

7 REPLIES 7
SineNomine
Level 3

I wrote the above in a hurry in case the internet dropped out. forgive the spelling errors. The connection this time as lasted longer than previously, so that is good.

On reflection. The NBN system is undeniably bad. The technology is supposed to be better than previous it isn't.

Before the NBN I could make calls when there was no internet. Before NBN I could make calls during a power cut. You cannot do so with the NBN.

HOW IS THE NBN AN IMPROVEMENT. It is not. Everyone I talk to groans when they talk of the NBN, and those who are yet to be connected have no joy at the expectation of having no choice but to have it.

I believe my problems are because I have had no choice but have the FTTN rather than FTTP, because the government regarded it to be the cheaper option.

Yes this is a rant. 

For the most part, I DO have a connection and telephone line. My expectations however are high. I expect 99.999% efficiency. Hours of disruption when the technology is supposed to be superior is unacceptable.

I have checked my cables, reset the modem, and all is good at my end.

SineNomine
Level 3

Solid connection since the last message till 4:51 pm and then it dropped out.

What is going on?

Will

Hi @SineNomine 

Thanks for raising this with us. I'm sorry to hear about the dropouts you're experiencing with your connection.

We were indeed able to detect dropouts yesterday and today. Although, it appears that your modem was up for 8 hours (at the time of thetests), we have escalated this issue to our Engineering Team for monitoring and for further investigation. You will be provided an update within 24 hours about the case via SMS or phone call. If you have other concerns/queries, feel free to leave a comment.

Regards,

SineNomine
Level 3

Thank You Smiley Happy

SineNomine
Level 3

Please DO NOT communicate by SMS. I do not monitor my mobile, nor respond to SMS - if you need to contact me please call my land line or email me. THANK YOU

BasilDV

Hi @SineNomine 

We noticed that you did not agree with the appointment that was reserved for you.

Do you have a preferred schedule for an NBN technician visit?

We'll advise our Engineers to contact you as well to arrange your convenient schedule.

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @SineNomine,

We understand that your assigned Engineer has been in touch and as discussed, the service will be monitored.

Further updates will be given by them once available.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

Regards,

BasilDV