Phone problem setup

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Level 1

I now have nbn with home phone and the internet is working but not my phone - i have my modem plugged into my home phone and the modem plugged into the phone wall socket. I was originally getting  an error message “check your phone line” as i had the modem cord plugged into the wall socket and in another room I had my phone plugged into another wall socket (how it was originally) What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi davcom,

Based on the NBN technology installed in your premises, you will need to connect your standard telephone handset to the phone port number 1 found on the back of your modem for the phone service to work.

You may refer to this community article for a General Setup guide: NBN FTTN/FTTB Setup - General Setup

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Hi davcom,

Based on the NBN technology installed in your premises, you will need to connect your standard telephone handset to the phone port number 1 found on the back of your modem for the phone service to work.

You may refer to this community article for a General Setup guide: NBN FTTN/FTTB Setup - General Setup

View solution in original post