TPG Community

Get online support

Poor Quality Phone Calls

bizMonkee
Level 2
I recently switched from TPG ADSL2/Telstra Home Phone to TPG NBN Bundle.

After plugging everything in, the internet works fine. However, when calling out using a standard phone, plugged into the “Phone” socket on the back of the router, the quality is really poor - voice echos, constant buzzing and static.

I’ve tried using a different handset on the same port, but issue is still the same. What else can I do?

By the way, am I required to contact Telstra to cancel my previous phone line since my number has now been ported over? Or will it be cancelled automatically?

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @bizMonkee,

Welcome to the community!

I'd like to confirm if the handset is directly connected to the modem/router phone port without using Filter/splitter. Also have you tried turning on and off the modem/router?

'By the way, am I required to contact Telstra to cancel my previous phone line since my number has now been ported over? Or will it be cancelled automatically?'

Yes, you need to contact Telstra to process the cancellation of your previous phone line.

I tried to use your community details to pull up the account and I got multiple match.

Can you PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account)?

In case you need a reference. How to send Private Message.

Regards,