TPG Community

Get online support

Porting phone number AWAY from TPG

Carab3an
Level 2

I have had Endless Trouble with the Huawei HG659 Router that comes with TPG. iv had it replaced twice and after the lan ports fail this time i binned it. after getting a Proper replacement some a brand other than **wei i was informed that i must uise the **wei router to avvess the voip service and cant use any other. so i want to know if its possible to drop the voip service from my bundle and get it from a different voip suplier and port my number over to them? (at this point i wouldnt be suprised if TPG have this blocked) or would it just be easier to get another Bundle with a Different NBN provider?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Carab3an,

I am sorry to know that you're having difficulty with your modem/router. The modem we provide is optimised the setup to complement our specifically configured modem settings. We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. As the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls.

Our modem is also pre-configured for internet access Some customers who do not use the home phone component of our bundle sometimes prefer to use their own NBN compatible modem. If this is the case, then we can provide you with the settings required to configure your 3rd party modem with the settings required to access the internet.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!