TPG Community

Get online support

Pre-select, Virtual phone card and Soft phone when NBN installed

cazandco
Level 2

I have signed up for TPG ..NBN but i still need to know can I use the Virtyal phone card to make overseas calls from other phones. Also I am guessing that the pre-select will be disconnected....what about the softphone too?

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @cazandco ,

We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. As the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls.

We'd like to confirm if the virtual phone requires to be set up on a modem/router's  VoIP settings if so this might not be possible, but if it can be used on a Software this should not cause any problem.

Regards,

@cazandco wrote:

I have signed up for TPG ..NBN but i still need to know can I use the Virtyal phone card to make overseas calls from other phones. Also I am guessing that the pre-select will be disconnected....what about the softphone too?

cazandco
Level 2

Hi Shane, there are three components of my question. 1) pre select is a bit like least cost routing....am guessing not necessary and will be defunct once NBN is enabled . 2 ) softphone , this is ,ore like a software app , so it should still work but have no further use for this . 3) this a virtual phone card , that is it is similar to the old telephone card that was purchased where an access number would be dialled then entering a password and dial the desired number at a far cheaper rate....most likely using voip!

Shane

Hi @cazandco,

Thanks for the clarification. For the Virtual Phone Card, can you provide us with the local gateway number you dial and we'll check this.

Regards,

Hi Shane, there are three components of my question. 1) pre select is a bit like least cost routing....am guessing not necessary and will be defunct once NBN is enabled . 2 ) softphone , this is ,ore like a software app , so it should still work but have no further use for this . 3) this a virtual phone card , that is it is similar to the old telephone card that was purchased where an access number would be dialled then entering a password and dial the desired number at a far cheaper rate....most likely using voip!