TPG Community

Get online support

TPG had no clue how to set up a eSIM

madeinnz01
Level 2
I just recently purchased the eSIM special from TPG. Customer service was great explaining their very competitive deals (very cheap $12.50 a month for calls and 25g internet for 6 months then $25 after). So I decided to go a head and sign up. It was not easy. They send you a digital eSIM via a scanned code which you need two devices for. The first one they sent me did not work and technical support are hopeless. So they canceled my application and told me to do it myself by purchasing another eSIM online. So I did and this time it activated this time round. But my phone (calls and net) did not work. I spent all day on this site with admin trying to help but they did not have a clue! Kept asking me pointless questions. Hopeless! But then I realised how stupid I was. I realised I had to take my old physical Telstra SIM card out 🙃 boy I feel like an idiot. Yes now I’m enjoying TPGs cheap but good month by month plan and the coverage is good where I am. TPG I would suggest you tell your new customers when they purchase a eSIM plan to remove their old SIM card out if they have one 😉