TPG Community

Get online support

VOIP Not Working - Your Call Could Not be Connected at This Time. Please Try Again Later

SOLVED Go to solution
SixCarbon3
Level 3

I have just moved house and had my TPG NBN50 Internet account transferred across. The internet is working BUT I can't receive incoming (or make out going 'pay as you go') calls via VOIP on the home NBN. If the home number is dialled, from an external mobile, there is the recorded message saying "Your call could not be connected at this time. Please try again later."

When the home phone handset is powered ON, the light for the UNI-V 1/2 ports on the NBN modem illuminates, which indicates that the NBN modem is detecting the phone input but there is no dial tone heard on the handset to indicate that the VOIP is working (just faint static that indicates that the VOIP has not been activated on the account).

I have pressed the Reset button on the NBN Modem/Box but this has made no improvement to my issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SixCarbon3
Level 3

The problem has now been resolved and the VOIP is working again. I was asked to press the Reset button on the NBN Modem/Box first but this made no difference to my issue and the Home Phone remained without a dial tone. It appears that the phone line/number had not been transferred across to my new address (and activated) after recently moving house but the internet had been successfully transferred across. Once a member of the TPG Support Team chose to escalate the issue to have a Support Ticket Number allocated to it it was then flagged to be investigate by the TPG 'Tech Team'. The issue was then soon resolved by the Tech Team.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alanguide
Level 7

I had this issue with a new FTTP connection (had been FTTN). I simply reported it to TPG by phone and in a few minutes it came good.

SixCarbon3
Level 3

The problem has now been resolved and the VOIP is working again. I was asked to press the Reset button on the NBN Modem/Box first but this made no difference to my issue and the Home Phone remained without a dial tone. It appears that the phone line/number had not been transferred across to my new address (and activated) after recently moving house but the internet had been successfully transferred across. Once a member of the TPG Support Team chose to escalate the issue to have a Support Ticket Number allocated to it it was then flagged to be investigate by the TPG 'Tech Team'. The issue was then soon resolved by the Tech Team.