TPG Community

Get online support

VOIP Service Discontinued

simonw
Level 2

Is it true that TPG have discontinued VOIP home phone on ADSL2+ connections?

I have been a long time TPG customer with a Naked ADSL2+ with VOIP internet connection for almost 9 years.

Last week without any notification TPG altered my static IP address.  I resolved this issue quickly, but didn't realise my VOIP phone was no longer registered.  After several support email and phone calls, I was informed this morning that TPG no longer supported VOIP phones on ADSL2+ connections.  This was a complete surprise to me, but supposedly the decision was made at the beginning of this year.

I would now like to know if any other TPG customers have be affected in the same way, or whether they notified of the change and able to make alternative arrangements.

I would also like confirmation from TPG that my understanding is correct and that VOIP is no longer available on ADSL2+ lines.

Regards,

Simon.

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @simonw,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details and we can see that your concern has been raised to our Complaints Resolution Team. The case manager is looking into this and will contact you via email to further discuss the matter.

We will make a follow up to ensure that this issue will be addressed as soon as possible.

Let us know via PM should you have a preferred email address. Thank you.