TPG Community

Get online support

home phone dials number , though i get an engaged signal when finished dialing number , i have wireless broadband

scormick53
Level 2

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @scormick53,

Welcome to the community!

Home Wireless Broadband is a data-only broadband service. It does not include a standard phone service.

Eligible existing TPG broadband customers can get an optional Virtual Phone service which allows you to:

• Forward all incoming calls to an alternative phone number of your choosing (Standard Australian landlines/mobiles only).
  • Keep your existing phone number, should you wish to switch back to NBN, or switch to a phone service with another provider.

Note: Making calls and all other phone features will be unavailable.

If you do not port your phone number to us at the time of applying for the Home Wireless Broadband service you will not be able to apply for Virtual Phone at a later date.

For more details you may visit this link All About TPG Home Wireless Broadband

Regards,

scormick53
Level 2

Hi Shane , when i signed up for wireless broadband the phone deal was included in the deal and i gave my phone number to TPG .  I did use the phone a few days ago and i could make calls ... Now when i dila a numbetr i just get an engaged signal ????  Thanks 

Angeli

Hi @scormick53

If you have TPG Home Wireless broadband, you will only have a data-only service and your existing phone number from your old NBN account will become a virtual phone. This allows you to do the following:

• Forward all incoming calls to an alternative phone number of your choosing (Standard Australian landlines/mobiles only).
  • Keep your existing phone number, should you wish to switch back to NBN, or switch to a phone service with another provider.

Note: Making calls and all other phone features will be unavailable.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Regards, 

Angeli