TPG Community

Get online support

nbn home phone - error message - line congested

Jay888
Level 2

I do not understand your line;

The modem/router is still connected from the NBN server for more than 4 days now.

The modem is always connected to the NBN. I don't touch the modem. I don't disconnect cables or move the modem. The modem has been connected to the NBN since the NBN was installed.

Ahra_G

Hi @Jay888

There are different types of connection; first is the connection from the physical line going to your modem. Second is what we call the session connection. This is the connection from your modem going to our server in order for you to have internet access. 

Thus, whenever a customer informs us of either drop outs or slow connection, we need to isolate which is causing the connection issue. As it could be the physical line or the session.

Another factor that we also need to look at is the Wi-Fi connectivity. There are many factors that needs to be considered in resolving internet issues thus the need to investigate further. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Jay888
Level 2

1) Phone issue - resolved a few days ago

2) Glacial internet speed - still an issue

A few days ago I was told that I will be called on 25MAY so TPG can trouble shoot the problem. Well, I was called, but no trouble shooting took place. Instead I was told that on 26MAY I would be called to set up a time for a technician to visit.

I was in meetings all day today 26MAY and see that TPG called me 8 times today. I really don't understand why I was called so many times. Surely once is enough with TPG leaving a message. But no, eight calls were made and six messages left. Some would consider so many calls to be harassment.

I will call TPG back when I know when I can skip work so as to be available for a technician's visit, although I am leaning towards changing providers. After all, another provider couldn't possibly offer slower speed or a higher price than the $80 per month for so called NBN 50 plan.

Jay888
Level 2

I learned one thing today: there is no link b/w this site and TPG's engineers. Yesterday, in response to being called 8 times by TPG, or should I say "harassed" by TPG, I posted that I will call TPG back to arrange an engineer's visit (a) when I know I can get away from work and (b) when I decide not to move to Optus or Telstra.

After all, why waste TPG's technician time if I decide to change providers? 

Well, as if I didn't post a thing, TPG called me today twice (before 10:10 am) insisting, yes insisting, on an appointment for tomorrow. I told the fellow on the phone, who I could not easily understand, that (a) tomorrow is not suitable and (b) I will call TPG to send out a technician when and if I decide to stay with TPG. He was NOT happy with that at all, reminding me again that he can send a technician tomorrow.

He said he will "now close the case" as though that was meant to frighten me.

He declined to answer my question as to the steps I need to follow in the event that wish to close my account, should I choose to move to another provider.

Ahra_G

Hi @Jay888

We apologise for the experience. 

Checking the lodged fault, the assigned Engineer offered the soonest appointment as the scheduling is on a first reservation basis. 

The ticket is still present and you may still respond to the SMS or let us know here when you have a date of availability for the appointment. 

Regards,

Ahra_G