TPG Community

Get online support

time on hanset and answeringf maching gets incorrectly set when incoming phone call arrives

GORMAN
Level 2

I messaged with BASILDV yestereday who asked for my ID. it is XXXXXXX.   i have reset times on my router and phones. HAd a telcom handset answering maching and relpaced it with vtech to solve the problem. Didnt help. ANalysis says the problem is timestamp on the caller id message from the ISP is in error. I have tried to disable caller id to test htat theory but that is not possible on my TPG account. What do I do to fix this? IT was working perfectly for years, but error appeared a few months ago.

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @GORMAN,

Can you confirm where the handset and answering machine connected is it on the NBN box or could you post a picture of its current setup.

Regards,

I messaged with BASILDV yestereday who asked for my ID. it is XXXXXXX.   i have reset times on my router and phones. HAd a telcom handset answering maching and relpaced it with vtech to solve the problem. Didnt help. ANalysis says the problem is timestamp on the caller id message from the ISP is in error. I have tried to disable caller id to test htat theory but that is not possible on my TPG account. What do I do to fix this? IT was working perfectly for years, but error appeared a few months ago.

GORMAN
Level 2

The handset and answering machine are directly connected to the NBN box.

Shane

Thanks, @GORMAN.

Let try to reset the NBN box this time, it may take 3-5mins to re-establish the connection. There should be a reset button on near the UNI-D port and UNI-V 1.

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

The handset and answering machine are directly connected to the NBN box.