TPG Community

Get online support

2GB file size limit on Archer VR1600v v2?

geoffgre
Level 2
I contacted TP-Link and asked where I could download the firmware update that fixes this problem I was told ,"unfortunately only your internet provider can do the upgrade on this vr1600v because it is an ISP model."

It's now 27 days since the above post so how and when are TPG going to fix this issue?
Zellcorp
Level 2

I have exactly this same issue either fix the problem or give me another router that doesn't have the issue this is not acceptable.

Zellcorp
Level 2

Due to the silence from the TPG tech here, I contacted TP-Link directly and have some very good news.

They got me to try a beta firmware update they are working on to see if that fixed the issue and it did! No more 2GB limit. Smiley Happy

Can you email me this firmware or post a link here to it? thanks

Riezl

Hi @geoffgre , we can confirm that your modem has the latest firmware. However, please be advised the for the modem's advanced feature, you will need to contact TP Link directly.

Shane

Hi @Zellcorp,

Our Network Engineers confirmed the known issue of our supplied modem. Please understand that we optimised our supplied modem/router to complement our specifically configured modem settings for security purposes, which means some of the feature of the original make and model is not available or limited.

We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. If you wish to have an access with USB feature of the modem/router, you have the option to use a 3rd party modem/router. However, as the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls.

Let me know should you require further assistance. 

‎02-09-2021 07:19 PM 

Due to the silence from the TPG tech here, I contacted TP-Link directly and have some very good news.

They got me to try a beta firmware update they are working on to see if that fixed the issue and it did! No more 2GB limit. Smiley Happy

Can you email me this firmware or post a link here to it? thanks

adslp6ko
Level 2

When will this be fixed!

davek1966
Level 2

I have the exact same problem. Very frustrating and it doesnt sound like TPG are going to fix it anytime soon.

So it looks like I need a different router.  Which means I also start looking around at the offers/deals from other ISPs....

tonyps1
Level 2

Hi Ellen, I have the same issue and I've given up transferring larger files. One fix is the use FTP to transfer larger files. Another issue is that cant write once the disk reaches 500gb. You mentioned using a 4tb drive, are you able to fill that up ?

Tony

amc2612
Level 2

@CobraBlade wrote:

They got me to try a beta firmware update they are working on to see if that fixed the issue and it did! No more 2GB limit. Smiley Happy

@CobraBlade – sorry to bump this again after so many months, but is there any chance you could share the beta firmware you received from TP-LINK? I've tried getting it by contacting them but they haven't been helpful and neither have TPG.

I recently started using the file sharing function on my router and the 2GB limit is incredibly frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated!