TPG Community

Get online support

5G modem (Sagemcom F@st 5866T) - Unusable speed

tungnguy3n
Level 2

Hi,

I received the 5G modem yesterday afternoon (Wed 02/03/22). I followed the setup instructions and was successfully connected to the internet but the speed is very slow both down & up are under 1Mbps.

I have moved the modem to different locations & near the window but to no avail, the modem only displays 2 green (5G) signal lights. I connected the modem directly to my pc (1 device only) via LAN & Wifi separately but the speed both down & up are under 1Mbps. Is there anything else I can do? or just return the modem and cancel the plan.

TPG ticket #12161393

Do I need an RA# number to return the modem?

Please confirm return address:

TPG

Attn: ?

65 Waterloo Road

North Ryde NSW 2113

4 REPLIES 4
Angeli

Hi @tungnguy3n

Your case has been escalated to our Engineering Team for investigation. I'll have the assigned case engineer to call you within the day to provide an update on the speed issue that you raised to us. If you have a preferred callback time and number, feel free to send it to us privately. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

tungnguy3n
Level 2

TPG

65 Waterloo Road

North Ryde NSW 2113

Angeli

Hi @tungnguy3n

I understand that you are cancelling your home wireless connection. Once the cancellation is lodged, you will receive an email notification that has the e-connote that you will use to return the modem to us. Please check your junk and spam folders if it did not route to your main inbox. 

Let me know if you need further help.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi tungnguy3n,

Just checking should you require assistance please update this thread.

Cheers!

TPG

65 Waterloo Road

North Ryde NSW 2113