TPG Community

Get online support

5GHz no longer working - Archer VR1600

SOLVED Go to solution
maya86
Level 2

I couple of weeks ago my 5GHz network started malfunctioning: it began slowing down, everything took forever to load, if I tried to connect to it from different devices, it would say 'Connection Unavailable', and now is worse to a point the 5GHz network is not even visible/available anymore...

I had to switch to the 2.4GHz network, which is not great....

Things I've tried so far withouth any success:
- Restarting the router...
- Performed a factory reset on the router....
- Making sure the 5G network configuration is correct...

Technical Information about the Router:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200826 Rel.77218n 
Hardware Version: Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
maya86
Level 2

Had a call with one of the tech support people, and just as I expected, there was nothing to be done from the configuration side of things... I had to buy a new Modem Router and problem solved Smiley Tongue

My previous modem was already 3-4 years old btw... The poor thing just gave up haha.

My new Modem Router is a tp-link AC2100:
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v009e.0
Build 210722 Rel.37847n

Hardware Version: Archer VR2100 v1 00000000

Disclaimer:
Setting-up the new Modem Router is not a simple process... Just plugging it in won't work, you'll have to do some manual configuration first. I recommend to check the configuration of your previous TPG Modem and use it as a reference.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @maya86

We can confirm that your modem has the latest firmware version. 

To assist with the connection issue, please send me a PM with your TPG account details (Customer ID, username).

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

maya86
Level 2

Hi Ahra_G,

Thanks for your quick response. I've sent you the PM with the details Smiley Happy

maya86
Level 2

Had a call with one of the tech support people, and just as I expected, there was nothing to be done from the configuration side of things... I had to buy a new Modem Router and problem solved Smiley Tongue

My previous modem was already 3-4 years old btw... The poor thing just gave up haha.

Build 210722 Rel.37847n

Disclaimer:
Setting-up the new Modem Router is not a simple process... Just plugging it in won't work, you'll have to do some manual configuration first. I recommend to check the configuration of your previous TPG Modem and use it as a reference.

Shane

Glad to know that our team has reached you and provided assistance with the modem issue. For future queries, feel free to create a new thread, cheers! 

Build 210722 Rel.37847n 

Disclaimer: