TPG Community

Get online support

AX1500 Modem Ethernet Ports Lock Up

SOLVED Go to solution
aplmac
Level 3

I was recently sent an AX1500 Modem/router VX220-G2v v2.0 Firmware 2.0.0.0.9 v603c.0 Build 220517 Rel 49186n to replace my old Archer 1600v, which died.

This new modem has a problem where after a period of "heavy" use, the ethernet ports lock up. I have one computer and one local storage drive connected directly by ethernet. When this happens, the only way I can restore connectivity is to reboot the modem/router. Simply unplugging the ethernet cables does not fix the problem - I have to reboot the modem/router. I have replaced the ethernet cables with new, known-good, cables. I did not have this problem with the old Archer 1600v - all I've done is swap it over for the new AX1500.

I have borrowed another Archer 1600v, and swapped out the AX1500, and there is no problem. The fault seems to be with the AX1500.

How can I get the modem replaced under warranty - was received 18th January 2023.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @aplmac 

Aside from rebooting the replacement modem/router, have you tried to factory reset it? If not, please try it first, then observe the connection.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @aplmac 

Aside from rebooting the replacement modem/router, have you tried to factory reset it? If not, please try it first, then observe the connection.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

aplmac
Level 3

Thank you for the adsvice. I will try that and report back!

BasilDV

Alright. Cheers!

aplmac
Level 3

I did the factory reset, and for the last couple of days that seems to have worked - I've not had a lock-up since then. If anything changes I'll post back.

What I think happened is that there was a firmware update pushed through when I first got the modem, and that caused the problem, as I didn't factory reset after that happened.

BasilDV

Glad that this has been resolved @aplmac.

Have a good day!

BasilDV