TPG Community

Get online support

AX5400 (VX420-G2h) Modem Media Sharing

Woodsey55
Level 3

TPG are sending me a new AX5400 (VX420-G2h) Modem as the old VR1600v2 is limited to 2Gb USB.

What Gb limit does the AX5400 (VX420-G2h) Modem have on the USB port ?

5 REPLIES 5
Woodsey55
Level 3

Seems I'm not getting the VX420-G2h TPG don't have any.

So they offered me a old piece of rubbish

VR500 or VX220

So much for customer support, just turn your back & laugh at your customers

Shane

Hi @Woodsey55,

TPG loads it's custom firmware on our supplied modem/router so that it can match with the system unfortunately some features of the modem is not available or limited. You always have the option to use a 3rd party modem/router for suits your need and we will provide the settings require for the internet to work.

Note: VoIP service with only working using our supplied modem.

Regards,

TPG are sending me a new AX5400 (VX420-G2h) Modem as the old VR1600v2 is limited to 2Gb USB.

What Gb limit does the AX5400 (VX420-G2h) Modem have on the USB port ?

Seems I'm not getting the VX420-G2h TPG don't have any.

So they offered me a old piece of rubbish

VR500 or VX220

So much for customer support, just turn your back & laugh at your customers

Woodsey55
Level 3

They are replacing my VR1600v2 due to it not being able to media share USB above 2Gb.

Why would they send me a replacement modem VX220 g2 if it was also limited in media Sharing via USB ?

Is this Community thing here to help or just cover TPG butt on not giving out their Firmware limitations !

Shane

Hi @Woodsey55,

We raised this with our Network Engineers to check the limit file size capacity of Media Sharing on our supplied, TP-Link VX220.

We are trying to help to the situation, we previously mentioned all our TPG supplied modem comes with custom firmware. This is for the security and privacy of the connection By doing so, some of the original modem's feature either not available or limited. 

Regards,

They are replacing my VR1600v2 due to it not being able to media share USB above 2Gb.

Why would they send me a replacement modem VX220 g2 if it was also limited in media Sharing via USB ?

Is this Community thing here to help or just cover TPG butt on not giving out their Firmware limitations !

Woodsey55
Level 3

So,,,, TPG are giving TP Link a bad name by limiting their modem features !

How to make friends in the industry 

Shane, does TPG ever look on Australian Product Reviews ?

or this that something also hidden from clients, good thing Australian Product Reviews don't have firmware !

Here is a few reviews for you to chew over

1.9 out of 5 star rating is not good ( 3,721 Reviews )

Terrible NBN Customer Service

published 5 days ago

Since 6 months am calling TPG customer service and requested so many times to change my billing date, every month i was assured it will be changed. Till now the problem is not resolved, i have lost credit score because of this TPG. I have never seen such a terrible customer service. Does TPG understand what a customer is going through calling every month requesting a simple billing cycle change. attached TPG calling history. No one actioned my request. TPG dont care customer request. I have decided to move with other service provider.

Terrible service

published 5 days ago

cant connect internet - called them 7 times with no resolution. keep telling me that some one will call you.
just frustrated as no internet since moving in its been 6 days & this guys are no ready to help

What a joke!!

published 1 week ago

My son was with TPG for some time for his home internet. His account was being paid on a direct debit plan. He called up TPG today to enquire what was involved if he were to consider changing providers. He was told that his account had a credit. He got home this evening to find out internet was cancelled. Upon speaking with several customer service staff they told us his account was closed due to non-payment. TOTAL CRAP! he was in credit and they took another (close to months) payment out today which was earlier than expected. How can they get away with this. He was told that he needed to give them 30days to cancel and he could still use the service for those 30 days but they just cancelled his access and took the 30 days payment out of his account. Don't go near them. I considered them for some time but I will continue to use my provide Optus for a long time as opposed to even entertaining these shonks!

WORST 5G AND CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

published 1 week ago

Switched over to 5G from my 4G account after being advised by TPG. Biggest regret as it was so slow and constantly cut out. I couldn't even work from home. And then to make matters worse, the customer service was so shocking. They cancelled my plan early and left me without internet.

TPG refuse to refund even I did not use the service at all

published 1 week ago

Called TPG to open an account last 10/6/2022 and my account was activated few days after but for some reason there was a problem with the authentication. Tried a lot of trouble shooting but still it won't work. Decided to cancel the service on 16/6/2022 since there is no hope connecting the service. After emailing the cancellations team they said that I could not get the refund because I did not send them a notice 30 days before. I'm like what??? My service was just activated 6days ago. TPG you better get ur sh!t together.

On the process of complaining to telco ombudsman and ACCC