TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR 1600v 5G drop outs

mpolh
Level 2

Hi,

I've reached out for some support with the 5G wireless band constantly dropping out. It seems I'm not alone in experiencing this with the Archer VR1600v v1.

This is starting to get very frustrating, as I shouldn't need to power cycle every 24 hours.

The firmware is 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.35294n

Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @mpolh,

I ran an initial test to the service it shows no line fault and dropouts reported on the service. If only the 5Ghz is affected with the dropout issue it could be a Wireless Interference or the distance limitation of Wireless 5Ghz Frequency.

There are some threads that you may find helpful related to this issue.

See links below,

You may also try to tweak the Wireless channel of your 5GHz.

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

mpolh
Level 2

Thanks @Shane .

This happened out of the blue. Before this, I was having no issue with using the 5 ghz channel on any device. I've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps. Even with a device literally next to the router, it won't connect.

This seems to be an issue that is affecting quite a number of customers, and I'm yet to find an acceptable solution.

I have also tried connecting to a 5ghz guest network and it doesn't connect once it's dropped out.

Please advise.

Shane

Thanks for the additional details. Send me your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow, we'll have one of our Technicians contact you for real-time test and further investigation.

Regards,

Thanks @Shane .

This happened out of the blue. Before this, I was having no issue with using the 5 ghz channel on any device. I've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps. Even with a device literally next to the router, it won't connect.

This seems to be an issue that is affecting quite a number of customers, and I'm yet to find an acceptable solution.

I have also tried connecting to a 5ghz guest network and it doesn't connect once it's dropped out.

Please advise.

chicaneau
Level 4

@mpolh - is this 5G drop out issue still happening or did it get resolved? I too am experiencing the same issue. 

Regards

joekiely
Level 2

LIke -wise.

We need to reboot the router every few hours, extremly annoying especially when working from home.

@TPG any news on this? Please get in touch.

Joe

BasilDV

Hi @joekiely

Thanks for raising this with us.

We tried to search for your account using your community details to no avail.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV