Archer VR1600 V1.0

Daggles
Level 2
Hello, My Archer VR1600 version 1.0 NBN WI/FI modem is running very hot so much so that the white plastic at the top left of the modem has turned yellow. I popped the screws out and opened it up to help let the heat out and noticed that this area is where the Wi/Fi RX-TX chip is located. My question is, should the modem be running so hot to cause the plastic cover to turn yellow?
The photos show the discolouration and the PCB both front and back. The WiFi chip in this case a Broadcom bcm4302klmg is at the heart of the issue. Using a non-contact layer temperature measuring device shows it is running at 56c. Opening the case does help somewhat.
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Daggles,

Let us help check the warranty status and request a replacement of the modem to ensure the safety and quality of the modem.

Could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation.

Regards,

Hello, My Archer VR1600 version 1.0 NBN WI/FI modem is running very hot so much so that the white plastic at the top left of the modem has turned yellow. I popped the screws out and opened it up to help let the heat out and noticed that this area is where the Wi/Fi RX-TX chip is located. My question is, should the modem be running so hot to cause the plastic cover to turn yellow?
The photos show the discolouration and the PCB both front and back. The WiFi chip in this case a Broadcom bcm4302klmg is at the heart of the issue. Using a non-contact layer temperature measuring device shows it is running at 56c. Opening the case does help somewhat.