I would like to start by saying, I really hate how ISPs (TPG in particular in this instance) really dumb down these modems and don't even provide advanced or bridge modes. That said I am willing to try and work with what I have here.
1. On my previous plan I was able to put my modem into bridge mode an manage all my networking and DNS via a real router. Can I do something like this with the thing?
2. I host a web server that is accessible from the public. How do I configure this thing to support this?
3. Are there firmare updates I can have applied to my unit?
Hi @mcshaman .
1. TPG always say that the Sagemcom cannot be put in bridge mode on 5G wireless broadband.
2. The 4G and 5G wireless broadband uses CG-NAT which makes your public web server inaccessible.
3. The Sagemcom firmware is probably the latest.
For 1 and 2, you would need a regular NBN connection.