TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v connect to switch

SOLVED Go to solution
DenzelW
Level 3

Hi there,

I recently purchased a 8-port switch from FS. It's meant to be a L2 switch but it has some L3 capabilities, such as static routes and dhcp server within the VLANs. My plan was to set up 3 vlans, use port 1 as the trunk one and route my vlans through this port to the home archer router. 

However, I don't think I can set up any static routes on the lan ports. I am a bit stuck right now. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Master

@DenzelW . Haven't found online manual so can't help much.

The FS website does show a config with 3 input streams prioritised onto the uplink. You might like gaming to have highest priority, then PCs, then IoT.

IoT devices are usually wifi so you need a cabled wifi extender connected to switch.

DHCP on switch is disabled.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Master

Hi @DenzelW . What is the model number of the switch?

You are thinking of creating 3 vlans with two ports each.

The addresses could be 192.168.2.0, 192.168.3.0, 192.168.4.0.

The extra port could be used for mirroring (packet capture).

Do you need computers to communicate with each other across the vlans? Or, just to access the internet via the trunk port?

DenzelW
Level 3
Hi @david64, the model is S2805-8TF. I wouldn’t need the computers to communicate across. The plan is to segment gaming, IoT and PCs. I thought about creating 3 VLANs. My plan was to disable VLAN 1 and create a fourth VLAN to trunk across the other 3 VLANs(as if the trunk one was the uplink port going to the router). However, the home router won’t let me configure the LAN ports, only the WAN port. That’s when I get stuck. Any suggestions?
david64
Master

@DenzelW . Haven't found online manual so can't help much.

The FS website does show a config with 3 input streams prioritised onto the uplink. You might like gaming to have highest priority, then PCs, then IoT.

IoT devices are usually wifi so you need a cabled wifi extender connected to switch.

DHCP on switch is disabled.