TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v dropouts - Firmware upgrade?!

Manuels83
Level 2

Have been using the Archer VR1600v with the NBN HFC TPG connection. Often the Internet will drop, e.g. no connection from Wi-Fi devices, boot up the desktop computer, log in to the router and there is no Internet connection. The NBN connection appears to be OK so I feel that it is an issue with the Archer unit. After a reboot or two the connection returns.

There is an auto-reboot feature built in to the system tools but surely this shouldn't be needed?!  Tried looking for a firmware upgrade online for this device but couldn't find much. 

Current version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 171027 Rel.38125n

8 REPLIES 8
Erika

Hi @Manuels83

Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear of the issues with your service.

I've located your account using your Community details and was able to ran remote test.

Currently, your TP-Link modem has the latest firmware version. Furthermore, the results does not show any physical issues with the line or with our network. However, we can see that the connection drops. 

We need to do further assessment to narrow down and identify the possible cause of this concern. 

Can you please press and hold the reset button on the NBN Arris Box for about 15 seconds or until you see the lights on it flash? You can find the reset button on the back panel of the connection box.

Also, please provide us a photo of the Mac Address and Serial Number of the NBN Arris Box and the TPG TPLink modem via Private Message?

For your reference, please see this link on How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Erika

Hi @Manuels83

We'd like to check on this case that you've raised previously. 

Have you tried the suggested step? 

Please let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 

Manuels83
Level 2

Hi Erika

Thanks for your reponse. I will try resetting the NBN box tonight. Just FYI, the dropouts were not frequent, in fact the first drop out was quite some time after the NBN service was activated. The frequency was around 1 or 2 times a week for the past 2-3 weeks.

Will post status updates.

Mc_Gerald

Awesome! Kindly let us know if there are any improvements after the reset. Please keep in touch! -Mc

Manuels83
Level 2

I reset the NBN Arris Box this late this evening and since doing so the Internet has dropped a couple of times. Thought I would check the logs of the Archer unit and around the same time there were drops I could see the following entries:

2018-10-30 20:59:14 [5] System: EWAN link down
2018-10-30 20:59:22 [5] System: EWAN link up 1000 mbps
2018-10-30 20:59:24 [5] System: EWAN link down
2018-10-30 20:59:26 [5] System: EWAN link up 1000 mbps

Shane

Hi @Manuels83,

Thanks for additional details. I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

I'd like to get your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow.

In case you need a reference: How to send a PM.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Manuels83,

Thanks for sending me your details. Please be advised that I arranged a call from one of our Technicians to call you later today (after 6PM). Tell me how it will go.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Manuels83,

I've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians and this has been raised to our Engineering Team for further test and investigation. Assessment may take 24hrs. Updates will be provided by the assigned Engineer via SMS or Phone call.

Tell me should you require further assistance.

Cheers!