TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v v2 00000000 Firware

SOLVED Go to solution
kangah
Level 2

Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Is the is the latest firware?  My 2.4ghz Wifi suddenly stopped showing up.  I need this band for my Robot Vacum Cleaner and Raspbery Pi's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kangah
Level 2

Yes, I tried basically everything I coudl find.  Turned it on and off, rebooted, left it off for 10 mins, changed the SSID for both, endabled and disabled the guest wifi even changed the routers IP.  In the end after several hours.....it just came back...

Problem solved.  But thands for confirming I am on the lastest firmware.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @kangah

Based on the details you've given above, your modem already has the latest firmware version. 

We'd like to check the status of your connection as you stated that the 2.4GHz function is no longer working. Have you performed any troubleshooting? 

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to assist you accordingly. 

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

Ahra_G

kangah
Level 2

Yes, I tried basically everything I coudl find.  Turned it on and off, rebooted, left it off for 10 mins, changed the SSID for both, endabled and disabled the guest wifi even changed the routers IP.  In the end after several hours.....it just came back...

Problem solved.  But thands for confirming I am on the lastest firmware.

Taz
Level 3
Level 3

I've had one of these modems for a while, over a year. I have the same version as this post. It's a bit concerning hearing after all this time this is the latest version with all the security exploits out there, especially the recent ones in the last few weeks which included all tplink modems.

Maybe in the past few months there has been an update to address these???

Shane

Hi @Taz,

Send me a Private Message with the modem/router's details:

Serial number: 
Hardware version: 
Software version: 

Also include your account details, I will request to update the modem/router with the latest firmware version.

Regards.

I've had one of these modems for a while, over a year. I have the same version as this post. It's a bit concerning hearing after all this time this is the latest version with all the security exploits out there, especially the recent ones in the last few weeks which included all tplink modems.

Maybe in the past few months there has been an update to address these???