TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v v2 keeps dropping connection

SOLVED Go to solution
akshaysalunke13
Level 2

I came across this issue and the problem still persists to date 2 years later. All the leds on the router stay on but my interent stops working(even the router config page). I have noticed this happens when I try to upload a large(~5GB) file and it is unacceptable that this problem exists even after 2 years especially now that almost everyone/everything has gone online.

Firmware Version:1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190305 Rel.72906n Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000
Riezl

Hi @akshaysalunke13 , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Hussam
Level 2
Hi,

I have the same issue and I think it is related to an option related to wireless configuration of the router.
Log in to your router, go to advanced, wireless, wireless settings, disable band steering and save. After you disable it, you need to use a different name (SSID) for the 5GHz network. After you save the changes, you will not experience any dropouts. At least it works for me
Reneeamanda
Level 2
I’m having this exact issue which is ridiculous. I’m waiting for an advanced tech to call me to try push out an update to my model because it’s a few years old and obviously isn’t supported anymore.