TPG Community

Get online support

Archer Vr1600v Bandwidth Control issue

AtsusaKai
Level 2

Hi,

I'm having the same issue here with Archer vr1600v. I've tried adding an IP range and put the limit there but it didn't work as intended, I've tried just putting the limit I wanted to Guest, but still no luck. Still affecting all connections when I do tests. It only comes back when I disable the bandwidth control.

inztigator
Level 3

Same issue for me.

It throttles bandwidth as soon as you tick "Enable Bandwidth Control" whether you setup rules or not! On 100/20 and get around 95 without Bandwidth control enabled. Once I enable it, I am down to 50mbps!

adsatyalla
Level 2
i seem to have the same issue. after some testing and a factory reset i noticed this is turned on by default for me at least. i ended up typing 50000 into both upload and download now i seem to be able to manage things without suffering the decrease in speed. perhaps if you are on 100nbn type 100k into both and see how you go. for me i have my xbox downloading at 47Mbps on the 50 plan without any issues, until i change that upload back to 20000 then it all falls apart again
inztigator
Level 3

I have entered 1000000 into download, and 22600 upload. And it throttles it down Smiley Sad

Cannot enter anything greater than 22600 in upload as that is the link speed.

Going to dust off an old router and use that for bandwidth control.