TPG Community

Get online support

Archer vr1600 v modem bandwidth control enables itself

foxy
Level 2

Why does the Archer vr1600 v Modem insist on enabling the bandwidth control several days after it's been turned of? - The modem doesn't bet power cycled - it just changes the setting. 

And then to cap it all it sets the total upstream bandwidth to just 4500 despite my efforts to save it at the my highest achievable upstream rate of 10577 (for just in case it reenables)

My best guess at the moment is that it keeps restoring itself to a factory default condition for some reason of it's own.

Is there a firmware fix?

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n 

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @foxy ,

Thanks for raising this to us, I can confirm that the modem/router has the latest firmware version. I would love to help check the status of the connection, to better understand the situation shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@foxy wrote:

Why does the Archer vr1600 v Modem insist on enabling the bandwidth control several days after it's been turned of? - The modem doesn't bet power cycled - it just changes the setting. 

And then to cap it all it sets the total upstream bandwidth to just 4500 despite my efforts to save it at the my highest achievable upstream rate of 10577 (for just in case it reenables)

My best guess at the moment is that it keeps restoring itself to a factory default condition for some reason of it's own.

Is there a firmware fix?

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n 

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000