BYO Modem

bmaniett
Level 2

HI 

Im moving home, am I able to bring my TPG modem from when I was first connected to the new home, and trasnfer my internet account over? or do i need to pay for a new modem all together.

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @bmaniett,

What TPG modem/router do you have now? We can check the current modem if it is compatible with the NBN technology available at the address.

Regards,

HI 

Im moving home, am I able to bring my TPG modem from when I was first connected to the new home, and trasnfer my internet account over? or do i need to pay for a new modem all together.

thank you

bmaniett
Level 2

Hi

sorry im not 100% sure about all of this, is therea way i can tell what type it is?

sorry 

thank you

david64
Level 15

Hi @bmaniett . If the wifi router came from TPG, it is likely a TP-Link Archer something or other. There will be a label on it giving the model type.

If you are connected to NBN, there might be a "NBN box" that the router connects to, or the router just connects to the telephone wall socket. If you have a NBN box, it stays with the house when you move. The router is yours and moves with you.

You should check with your agent that the resident at your new address leaves the NBN box when they move.

Shane

Hi @bmaniett,

If you have access with the modem there should be a sticker label at the bottom or back of the device where we can identify its model and make.

You may also send us a PM with your details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can check the connection at the new address.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi

sorry im not 100% sure about all of this, is therea way i can tell what type it is?

sorry 

thank you