TPG Community

Get online support

Bridge VR1600v with Sophos XG

rubeus
Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I've got the VR1600v on NBN FTTN. Recently I've purchsed a Sophos XG FW. I need to bridge the connection so that it lands on the WAN interface of the XG. 

Tplink VR1600v ----> Sophos XG FW ---> Computers 

I've read multiple posts in this thread regarding bridging and want to get the following clarified. Thanks a lot!

1. On VR 1600v delete the existing pppoe_ptm_2_0_d internet connection

2. Create a new connection as a bridge and put in VLAN tag 2

3. Do I have to then goto Interface grouping and group the bridge interface with a LAN port (i.e. assume i use port 4) of choice? 

4. Then connect the LAN port 4 to the WAN interface of the Sophos XG firewall

5. Configure the WAN connection of Sophos using PPoE settings ( I have attached screenshots of the information i am seing) .  I have seen some notes not to put vlan tagging on inner device (i.e. in my case the XG). Is my understanding correct? Are the MTU values correct?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @rubeus ,

Welcome to the community!

Here are some threads that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to bridge our supplied vr1600.

See the links below.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers! 

@rubeus wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I've got the VR1600v on NBN FTTN. Recently I've purchsed a Sophos XG FW. I need to bridge the connection so that it lands on the WAN interface of the XG. 

Tplink VR1600v ----> Sophos XG FW ---> Computers 

I've read multiple posts in this thread regarding bridging and want to get the following clarified. Thanks a lot!

1. On VR 1600v delete the existing pppoe_ptm_2_0_d internet connection

2. Create a new connection as a bridge and put in VLAN tag 2

3. Do I have to then goto Interface grouping and group the bridge interface with a LAN port (i.e. assume i use port 4) of choice? 

4. Then connect the LAN port 4 to the WAN interface of the Sophos XG firewall

5. Configure the WAN connection of Sophos using PPoE settings ( I have attached screenshots of the information i am seing) .  I have seen some notes not to put vlan tagging on inner device (i.e. in my case the XG). Is my understanding correct? Are the MTU values correct?