Broken modem

Natalie
Level 2
My ADSL2+ modem of 5 or so years has suddenly stopped working. The internet dropped out, none of the lights turn on, and it makes a ringing/buzzing noise. I was wondering how I go about getting a replacement.
20 REPLIES 20
Shane

Hi @Natalie,

I was able to locate your account using your community details. I ran initial test and it shows no connection to our network. I would like to confirm if your modem/router is currently on or If it is not booting/turning on anymore.

I sent you a PM as an additional response to your post, please see your inbox. I will wait for your response, cheers!

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Natalie,

Thanks for sending me additional details about your modem/router's status. Feel free to reply on my message with your complete shipping address.

I will wait for your response; cheers!

Shane

Hi @Natalie,

Thanks for the confirmation. I requested a Modem/router today this will be subject for approval and investigation. Updates will be provided on Monday. Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Natalie,

I'd like to inform you that the Free modem/router has been shipped and already I sent you a Private Message for the shipping details.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Mattf57
Level 2
I'm having the exact same issue
Will

Hi @Mattf57

Welcome to the Community!

Using your community details, I was able to pull up your account. I performed tests and we're not detecting any connection coming from your end.

Since you mentioned that  you're having the same issue, can you provide the status of the lights on your modem?

Regards,

Mattf57
Level 2
Last night there was a red light on however this morning all lights are off
Will

Hi @Mattf57

If you are able to test the power socket where the modem is plugged in using another electronic device, then it seems like your modem is no longer functioning at this point. You definitely need a modem in this case.

The modems we supply are covered by a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. I check the information of the modem we supplied to you. Based on our records, it looks like you received the modem from us back in 2013 which means this is already out of warranty. I will send you a PM providing you options on how you can get a modem from us.

Regards,

Will

Hi @Mattf57

Your modem has been shipped already. We already sent you an SMS providing the consignment number for tracking purposes.

Regards,