Broken modem

Tlve
Level 3

Hi @Will

My modem recently stopped working (Huawei HG532d), there are no reported outages for ADSL so I assume that it is faulty/malfunctioning. I would like to order a replacement at minimal cost, or could you please redirect me to somebody who can help?

Upon your response, I will PM you my relevant information.  

Thanks,

Will

Hi @Tlve

Welcome to the Community!

I can definitely help you out in getting a new modem, but it would be best for us to first rule out any possible fault that maybe affecting your service as well.

Using your community details, I was able to check your account with us and performed tests. I'm not detecting any line fault which means this is indeed a potential modem or internal wiring issue. Can you provide me the following details?

1. Brand and model of the modem
  2. Status of the lights on the modem
  3. Total number of phonesockets and how many are in use
  4. Do you have a home phone? Is it working?

Regards,

Tlve
Level 3

Hi again, thank you for your prompt reply

1. The modem is a Huawei HG532d
  2. Power light is on, however the ADSL and internet lights are off. 
  3. Only one phonesocket in the house which is the one that I use for the modem.
  4. No home phone.

Regards,

T

Will

Hi @Tlve

Thank you for your response.

Just to be clear, the power light is solid green, right? Are there any other lights that are on like WLAN/wireless  perhaps? If yes, please unplug the modem from the phonesocket and leave it unplugged so we can run a test. But do let us know once it's disconnected.

If Power is the only light that is lit, then please perform a hard reset.  You'll find the reset button at the back.

Regards,

Tlve
Level 3

The WLAN is also on.

The modem is unplugged from the phonesocket so you can run a test. 

Thanks, 

Will

Thank you @Tlve

You may now reconnect your modem back but please restart the modem as well.

Regards,

Tlve
Level 3

@Will 

Modem is reconnected and reset.

Will

Hi @Tlve

I tried to make some adjustments to try to get the service to work, but your modem is still not able to detect any connection from the line.

I have escalated this to our Engineering Team for further investigation since we can't determine yet that this is a modem issue. You will be provided an update by our Engineering Team via SMS or phone call to the mobile number we have on file.

Regards,

Tlve
Level 3

Thank you for your help,

I will await their correspondence

Will

You're welcome @Tlve