TPG Community

Get online support

Brother Printer not working after change to 5G network

sudharallabandi
Level 2

Switched to TPG 5G network seems to have affected my Brother MFC (3745 CDW) printer settings. MFC is connected to 5G network as per Network Configuration report. MacBook Air running Apple OS 13.2.1 (22D68) is connected to same network but no longer recognises the printer under its usual name. Have been through every step of Brother troubleshooting available, including personal e-chat during which they said the MFC is correctly connected. 

I am using Sagemcom modem

Airprint is not working through mobile or Mac.

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @sudharallabandi 

Check if you are able the AP Isolation using the instructions given by a community member here.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

sudharallabandi
Level 2

I have tried the option, with disabling I am not able to connect the printer to Wifi.  It's failing.

BasilDV

Hi @sudharallabandi 

Could you see 2 network names for 2.4GHz and 5GHz band network? Or just one?

If you can only see 1 network, then you need to disable the band steering.

Once done, try connecting to the 2.4GHz band network.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

sudharallabandi
Level 2

I can see only 2.4 SSID.  And my modem does not have option to disable the band steering.

BasilDV

Have you tried to factory reset the modem/router?

If not, then try it first.

Do you still have the old modem/router?

If yes, then you may set it up as an access point that is connected to the main modem/router (Sagemcom) and test if you are able to use the printer.

BasilDV

additiondakku01
Level 2

If yes, then you may set it up as an access point that is connected to the main modem/router (Sagemcom) and test if you are able to use the printer.

pikashow apk

ppsspp gold apk