TPG Community

Get online support

Cascading two archer v1600v modems

AaronCachia
Level 2

Ive received a seccond archer vr1600v router and for the last couple days Ive been attempting to set up the two routers in a cascading format with no luck.

The setup I want is:

Internet > vr1600v (1st one, for my front facing servers) > vr1600v (2nd one, for my home devices)

The idea is to keep my front facing servers seperated from my home devices in order to keep my home personal devices secure in the case of the first server being compromised. I want bother routers to have differing subnets.

Ive attempted to set up static routing routes and to some extent it seems to work, the internet symbol lights up on the seccond router but there isnt any actual internet access.

Any information pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, either how to configure the two routers in the setup, or an alternative that acheive a comparable result is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

You may connect one of the Vr1600 via DHCP mode. You can visit this link for reference. Connect Asus RT-AC88U to Huawei HG659.

Let me know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Ive received a seccond archer vr1600v router and for the last couple days Ive been attempting to set up the two routers in a cascading format with no luck.

The setup I want is:

Internet > vr1600v (1st one, for my front facing servers) > vr1600v (2nd one, for my home devices)

The idea is to keep my front facing servers seperated from my home devices in order to keep my home personal devices secure in the case of the first server being compromised. I want bother routers to have differing subnets.

Ive attempted to set up static routing routes and to some extent it seems to work, the internet symbol lights up on the seccond router but there isnt any actual internet access.

Any information pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, either how to configure the two routers in the setup, or an alternative that acheive a comparable result is greatly appreciated.

Shane

Hey, AaronCachia

Just checking should you require furhter assistance. If so please update the thread.

Cheers!

The setup I want is: