TPG Community

Get online support

Connecting Analogue phone to Asus ROG GT-AX11000 on TPG NBN

SOLVED Go to solution
rapinero
Level 2

Hello, I recently purchased an Asus ROG GT-AX11000 gaming router and have it set up for NBN access through TPG NBN100 Plan.

Whilst I have no issues with the internet, I can no longer connect to my Uniden Eilte 9135 phone system as there is no phone line port on the router.

Would it be possible to connect my Uniden 9135 to an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) device such as this one Grandstream HT801, and have the phone connect to the TPG phone service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @rapinero . The TPG VOIP service only works with the TPG supplied router connected directly to the NBN box. 

You can use an ATA (can't comment on the brand) but won't be able to use TPG VOIP service. They don't hand out the settings because it's all encrypted in their router firmware. You need another provider.

(As an aside, the VOIP thing must be done differently on FTTP connections.)

A couple of users have tried connecting a switch to the NBN box, then connect the TPG router and their own router to the switch. The TPG router supports the VOIP phone and their router does the internet. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
david64
Level 15

Hi @rapinero . The TPG VOIP service only works with the TPG supplied router connected directly to the NBN box. 

You can use an ATA (can't comment on the brand) but won't be able to use TPG VOIP service. They don't hand out the settings because it's all encrypted in their router firmware. You need another provider.

(As an aside, the VOIP thing must be done differently on FTTP connections.)

A couple of users have tried connecting a switch to the NBN box, then connect the TPG router and their own router to the switch. The TPG router supports the VOIP phone and their router does the internet.