TPG Community

Ask, answer and talk about our products

Connecting Google Wifi to the Huawei HG659 Bridge Mode

SOLVED Go to solution
Level 1a

Hi guys,

I've just purchased a Google Wifi and I'm having a few issues with some of my services, mainly PLEX. I've connected the Google WiFi to the HG659 which gets internet just fine, but I cannot access the PLEX outside the home network along with a few other issues. It all has to do with having two routers.

Double NAT seems to be the problem but I cannot set the HG659 to Bridge Mode and the Google WiFi won't let me do it either.

Is there a way to set the HG659 to bridge mode?

2 REPLIES
Staff

Refer to this TPG Support document:

Huawei HG659 Modem Configuration Guide

Proceed to page 3 of the PDF document.

Once you have logged in to the modem, click on Start Wizard.

By-pass instruction to enter your username and password and select the fourth option: Connect with another modem.

Click next and follow the succeeding instructions.

This will allow you to set up Huawei HG659 in bridged mode.

Have you seen a helpful comment lately? Be sure to give it a Like.
If a reply to your question solves the problem, be sure to mark it as an Accepted Solution.

Good day @theNotic,

Welcome to TPG Community!

In regards to " but I cannot access the PLEX outside the home network along with a few other issues. It all has to do with having two routers. "

Does your device (Mobile/Computer) is not connected to your Home wifi and you are trying to access PLEX remotely? If it is, did you enable the remote access feature on your HG659 and Google WiFi?

You don't need to set the HG659 into bridge mode, since your Google WiFi is just a router and not a modem. Unless it is a different model compare to what I've seen? Are you able to provide us the model of your Google WiFi?

If you are on NBN FTTN/HFC/FTTB, when you bridge the HG659, the phone feature will not work anymore.

Please provide us more information about your set up for us to visualize it further.

Kind regards,