TPG Community

Get online support

Continuous WiFi drop out (Huawei H659)

lamlee88
Level 2

Hello, 

Just having a lot of problems with WiFI dropouts at the moment at my place, my modem specs:

Huawei H659

V100R001C216B013

I am in an apartment block so lots of wifi nearby, but the problem have worsen significantly in the past few days.

On the 5 GHz band it wouldn't manage 20-30 minutes without a complete drop out, ie the hotspot completely disappear for a while, then reappearing, lots of connection problems, and back to normal about 20-30 minutes from the reboot, then rinse and repeat

It is a bit better on the 2.4GHz, but the bandwidth is poor, and i can barely maintain my remote desktop connection with the speedtest result of ~3mbps on the download side. Every few hours the connection just dies (wifi connected, no access to internet for a period, while the internet is working fine from a wired connection to the router)

I have went through the link: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom... to see how can i improve things but it is still unresolved.

Thank you!

Regards,

Lee

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @lamlee88 ,

Welcome to the community!

I can confirm that the modem/router has the latest firmware version, I will arrange a call from one of our technicians for real-time test and investigation since you have the the basic troubleshooting for Wireless dropouts.

Shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards

@lamlee88 wrote:

Hello, 

Just having a lot of problems with WiFI dropouts at the moment at my place, my modem specs:

Huawei H659

V100R001C216B013

I am in an apartment block so lots of wifi nearby, but the problem have worsen significantly in the past few days.

On the 5 GHz band it wouldn't manage 20-30 minutes without a complete drop out, ie the hotspot completely disappear for a while, then reappearing, lots of connection problems, and back to normal about 20-30 minutes from the reboot, then rinse and repeat

It is a bit better on the 2.4GHz, but the bandwidth is poor, and i can barely maintain my remote desktop connection with the speedtest result of ~3mbps on the download side. Every few hours the connection just dies (wifi connected, no access to internet for a period, while the internet is working fine from a wired connection to the router)

I have went through the link: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom... to see how can i improve things but it is still unresolved.

Thank you!

Regards,

Lee