TPG Community

Get online support

D-Link viper ac2600 dropping out

SOLVED Go to solution
dimSpark
Level 2
Recently upgraded from NBN50 to NBN100, so three weeks ago purchased a D-Link viper ac2600 (DSL 3900) modem/router to get full benefits of faster internet. The NBN here is FTTN.

Things were great, but this last Sunday the internet stopped. The DSL light on the viper modem was flashing red. Maybe a coincidence, but from Sunday we’ve had heavy rain downpour...

Contacted TPG, who organised an NBN tech to come look. Guy did some tests and eventually diagnosed the problem as being a faulty modem. I immediately took modem back to store and got a replacement, same D-Link viper. Plugged in and set up and everything was great....for about 5 hours.

Now, the same thing is happening. No internet plus red flashing DSL light on modem.

Please advise!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dimSpark
Level 2
Just an update.

Got it all sorted and everything is good now.

I ended up ringing the technical support number for the modem - D-Link Support. They talked me through factory resetting the modem, and then connecting to TPG again, but manually this time, through advanced settings, rather then using the wizard. The tech guy suggested that sometimes the default wizard doesn’t get all the appropriate information required, so it’s better to do it manually...assuming you know all the settings.

Anyway, this case is now closed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @dimSpark ,

Thanks for raising this to us. If same thing happen on D-Link viper ac2600, have you tried to use TPG's supplied modem/router for testing purposes? 

We tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it shows no matching records found, please send me your accoutn details (Username/Customer ID) together with the address on file, to better understand the situation.

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

dimSpark
Level 2
Just an update.

Got it all sorted and everything is good now.

I ended up ringing the technical support number for the modem - D-Link Support. They talked me through factory resetting the modem, and then connecting to TPG again, but manually this time, through advanced settings, rather then using the wizard. The tech guy suggested that sometimes the default wizard doesn’t get all the appropriate information required, so it’s better to do it manually...assuming you know all the settings.

Anyway, this case is now closed.