Data usage

Jim27
Level 2

Hi

I have been advised that I have gone through all my data. I've checked my usage and on the 13th November it shows I used 5027MB with a time stamp of 23:54. My wife and I are older and not awake at that time. I also noticed over 60 connections on the 25th November.  All for small usage amounts but there is no way we used our iPad that often in one day. Entries often go through on the usage log very late at night when we would not be awake. 

I have phoned TPG on more than 7 occasions and organised for 3 call backs all of which didn't happen at the agreed time. We have got to the stage that we don't want to use our iPad until we understand how all this data is being used. Every time I have phoned the wait time has been more than 40 minutes and when I am told I'll be transferred the phone call gets cut off. It has got ridiculous so I am now trying this communication option. It really is beyond a joke. 

I have changed the wifi password, no one else knows the password and we haven't had any visitors. We don't watch movies or YouTube or have a chrome cast or an Apple TV. 

Could you please advise what devices were connected and how can we stop this from happening and why there are entries almost every night just before midnight?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Welcome to the community, @Jim27 !

Thanks for raising this to us, I would love to help and chase this with our Technical Team and arrange a call from them to help us make an investigation with the service data usage, please send me a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi

I have been advised that I have gone through all my data. I've checked my usage and on the 13th November it shows I used 5027MB with a time stamp of 23:54. My wife and I are older and not awake at that time. I also noticed over 60 connections on the 25th November.  All for small usage amounts but there is no way we used our iPad that often in one day. Entries often go through on the usage log very late at night when we would not be awake. 

I have phoned TPG on more than 7 occasions and organised for 3 call backs all of which didn't happen at the agreed time. We have got to the stage that we don't want to use our iPad until we understand how all this data is being used. Every time I have phoned the wait time has been more than 40 minutes and when I am told I'll be transferred the phone call gets cut off. It has got ridiculous so I am now trying this communication option. It really is beyond a joke. 

I have changed the wifi password, no one else knows the password and we haven't had any visitors. We don't watch movies or YouTube or have a chrome cast or an Apple TV. 

Could you please advise what devices were connected and how can we stop this from happening and why there are entries almost every night just before midnight?

Thanks