TPG Community

Get online support

Decent manual for Huawei HG659.

bapgill
Level 2

I am trying to set up a huawei HG 659 Router switch and I particularly need to know the maximum range of the DHCP pool of IP numbers issued by the router. I also a few other sundry annoyances. My router does not have the published default username and password even when I reset it.

I would like to get access to a complete manual for the router so that I can sort out a few minor matters & resolve a couple of IP problems that did not exist until the NBN arrived at my weekender along with the HG659.

Does anybody know where I can obtain a complete manual for it or is it a complete secret?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @bapgill ,

Thanks for raising this to us.We an available setup guide for our supplied Huawei HG659 available here, https://www.tpg.com.au/helpdesk/pppoe/Huawei_HG659_WIN10.pdf.

We will raise this to our Engineering Team to check information related to the maximum range of the DHCP pool of IP and if there is available manual on our supplied modem/router.

When you say, 'My router does not have the published default username and password even when I reset it' are you pertaining to the default modem/router access? if so,  these information should be available on the sticker/label of the modem/router together with the WLAN Username and password. 

On the other hand, we'd like to set your expectation that TPG NBN service comes with Dynamic IP address.

Regards,

@bapgill wrote:

I am trying to set up a huawei HG 659 Router switch and I particularly need to know the maximum range of the DHCP pool of IP numbers issued by the router. I also a few other sundry annoyances. My router does not have the published default username and password even when I reset it.

I would like to get access to a complete manual for the router so that I can sort out a few minor matters & resolve a couple of IP problems that did not exist until the NBN arrived at my weekender along with the HG659.

Does anybody know where I can obtain a complete manual for it or is it a complete secret?